Avoid damage to your machine caused by extended downtime
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, July 10, 2020
If your die casting machines are not under power for an extended period, You must read the following:
The below recommendations will help keep your machines in good running condition and minimize unplanned downtime:
KEEP YOUR MACHINE LUBRICATED
- If possible, it’s best to actually cast at least one hour a week. This actuates solenoid valves used in the casting process reducing failures.
- Schedule running of the hydraulic system pumps at least one hour each week while running the plant water cooling system.This will keep the machine temperature more consistent and maintain the corrosion and biocide treatment properties of the cooling water. This will also allow the hydraulic fluid to circulate preventing sticky valves.
- The machine die platen should be opened and closed manually, but with little locking force.
- The ejector and the injection system should be moved full stroke several times.
- The toggle lubrication system operates only when the pumps are running. This will supply lubrication to the bushings and linkage pins.
- Grease all machine fittings as per manual to keep points of motion lubricated
KEEP YOUR MACHINE’S INTERNAL SYSTEMS CLEAN
- The die spray system should be flushed with clean water in order to remove residual die lubricant from the system.
- If possible, use a filter pump cart to clean the fluid during the shutdown.
- Inspect and service the injection position sensor. Hydraulic fluid may have leaked on the sensor causing it to stick.
- Change machine hydraulic filters
KEEP YOUR MACHINE’S SYSTEMS MEMORY OPERATIONAL
- This is also a good time to replace the backup batteries for the PLC and auxiliary equipment.
We want to be your service and support partner!
If you have any questions, or require additional assistance, please contact our service department at:
Shibaura Machine Company, America
Die Casting Team
Want to know more about our machines?
Related Articles View All Articles
Shot Cylinder Construction is More Important Than One Would Think
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, April 15, 2021Have you ever heard the saying that too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth? This expression can also be applied to die casting machine shot cylinder design. Consider early generation and many current-day die cast...Read more
Die Casting Factory Accessory Integration Improves Productivity
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, April 2, 2021Die casting has evolved a lot over the past one hundred years. At the beginning it was run solely by what a person could accomplish. Workers were expected to be the timers, electronics, and robots that we now have today....Read more
Monitoring Repeatability in Die Casting
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, March 18, 2021 The precision in die casting offers high quality, repeatability shot after shot. This repeatable accuracy offers a lower cost of operation and consistency, two things that are important when looking at improving profit...Read more
Die Casting Machine - Ease of Use: The TOSCAST controller provides easy visibility of real-time machine status
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, February 19, 2021 Die casting still proves to be the most accurate option when it comes to complex cast metal products. However, it is complex process that involves molten metal, high pressures, critical temperature control, and a v...Read more
Introducing a More Environmentally Friendly & Energy Efficient Die Casting Machine
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, February 4, 2021 Imagine having the option to turn on and off your die casting hydraulic pump motor instead of having it continuously running. What would that mean to your overall energy consumption and the environmental footprint o...Read more
Tailor TOSCAST to Improve Your Die Casting Productivity
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, January 20, 2021 For years, die casting machines have offered digital control options making operators more efficient and improving throughput, but a gap still exists. These machines can only do so much before a human needs to step ...Read more
Considerations for Reducing Die Casting Cycle Time
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, January 5, 2021 When it comes to die casting, cycle time optimization is more than just moving quickly. At first thought, the time required to complete castings should be as short as possible because more money can be made if you pr...Read more
Our Commitment to Keep Our Die Casting Customers Up and Running
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, December 16, 2020 When the die casting machine is down costs go up.Avoiding costly downtimes and keeping quality levels high starts with choosing the right machine partner. The right partner will not only provide you with a quality d...Read more
Working Together to Make Sure Your Die Casting Equipment is Optimally Operating
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, December 8, 2020 As a Die Caster, are You Up To Date on the Latest Developments?In an industry that is continually evolving with technology developments, it can be difficult to keep up with the demands of the industry. However, by ta...Read more
Shibaura Machine has almost 50 years in the United States
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, June 6, 2020 Shibaura Machine has been manufacturing Die Casting Machines since 1953! Established an office in the United States in 1974! Currently with over 17,000 die-casting machines worldwide! Our team averages almost 25 year...Read more
Shibaura Machine Die Casting Offers Used Machine History Reporting Service
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, July 10, 2020 The purchase of a used machine comes with risks! Help mitigate these risks by requesting a free machine history report. Contact us at dc-MachineFacts@shibaura-machine.com before you consider purchasing a used die casti...Read more
Avoid damage to your machine caused by extended downtime
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, July 10, 2020 If your die casting machines are not under power for an extended period, You must read the following:The below recommendations will help keep your machines in good running condition and minimize unplanned downtime:KEEP...Read more